NIPSEA Group to donate S$6 million to charity organisations
Lianhe Zaobao carried an article detailing NIPSEA Group's donation of S$6million to various charity organisations in Asia. Highlights from the article as follows:
- Mr. Goh Cheng Liang, Founder of NIPSEA Group announced yesterday evening that the Group will donate S$6million towards assisting and improving the quality of life of underprivileged children – demonstrating the Group’s corporate social responsibility. This donation was made in conjunction with the Group’s 50th anniversary.
- NIPSEA Group is a joint venture of the Japanese paint company, Nippon Paint; and Singapore’s Wuthelam Holdings. At the Group’s Golden Jubilee Gala Dinner held last night, Mr. Goh Cheng Liang said, “In conjunction with our Group’s 50th anniversary, we will be donating S$6million dedicated towards improving the quality of life of underprivileged children.”
- The S$6 million contribution by NIPSEA Group includes donation in cash, repainting of rooms and wall murals, purchases of furniture and electrical appliances, installations of music and computer rooms, and construction of a new playground. The charity outreach is part of the organization’s continuing efforts to give back to society. The NIPSEA Group has constantly supported rural schools, orphanages and even rose to calls for disaster assistance like the Sichuan and Japan earthquakes and Thailand floods.
- With 50 years of development and growth, the Group is now responsible for the production and sales of paint in 15 countries across Asia; more than 30 manufacturing facilities; employs 15,000 employees; and generates close to 1 billion litres of paints and coats annually.
- Mr. Goh Cheng Liang thanked the customers, partners and employees of NIPSEA Group, and said that their support and sacrifice are key to the Group’s success.
Please use this link to read the full article.